Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Stumbling Across Some Answers

I just got done with a unit in one of my classes about color, personality, and birth order.  We spent a lot of time talking about how certain colors make us feel and what we associate with certain colors.  Two of my students kept talking about how they associate green (and specifically a blueish shade of green) with death.  One student thought about it and decided it was probably because the head stones are painted with that color. 

The other day I was Stumbling, and I came across this website that just has a bunch of random information on it.  I was clicking around, and I found that in South America, the color green is associated with death.  Check out the color wheel of cultural color associations here. 


I initially wanted to share the color wheel with somebody who would find it interesting, but then when I saw that South American Culture associates green with death, I wanted to share it with everybody.  I have no idea why green is associated with death, and frankly, I don't care enough to look it up. 

I love using Stumble, and I love when I learn something from Stumbling. 

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment