Sunday, September 12, 2010

You Can Help Me!

As my first step in raising  funds for my volunteering, I have installed a button here in my blog.  It is really easy to use.  Just click on donate, and the button takes you to the PayPal site to make a donation.  You can chose the amount you are willing to donate.  It really is easy- I promise.  I know some of you do not have an excess of cash flow, but even something as small as a $5 donation is much appreciated. 

Another way you can help is to spread the word about what I am doing and encourage others to donate.  Tell people about my blog, Allison Volunteers, where I will blog about how my preparation for volunteering is going (and eventually the volunteering itself).  From there, people can click on my donate button!  If you or someone you know would like to make a larger donation and would need a receipt and other paperwork for tax purposes, please let me know.  I have the proper forms and procedure available.

Yet another way you can help is by donating materials I can take with me.  There are very few resources available at the school and orphanage, and those that are available are often not in the best condition.  Some ideas include: toothbrushes, toothpaste, vitamins, first aid supplies, balloons, games/puzzles, anti-bacterial soap, bubbles, markers/crayons, child scissors, cassette player with children's music, pencils/pens, books/coloring books, and pavement chalk.  If you would like to send any of these supplies with me, please let me know.  It is greatly appreciated.

Again, I would love to hear any ideas you all have for fund raising.  It is going to be a challenge raising money from down here, so I would love to hear of any creative ideas you might have.

Peace and love

Current Tunes: Nothing.  My head feels like it is going to explode from thinking about the next year of my life.  Sometimes, silence is golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment