Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I Should Pack

So, at the specific request of Travis, and others thinking it is a good idea, I will blog about my grand Chilean adventure.  I am not there yet, but I figure 1. Starting before I leave will give me more incentive to actually do it while I am there instead of just putting it off; and 2. Blogging about packing seemed like fun.

 First of all, the flooding that is going on in the area scared me because whenever there is flooding (and even when there isn't) there is water in our basement.  Everything I had "packed" was sitting in a corner of the basement (my corner when I am in Ankeny), and I thought it was probably under water.  The good news is that the backyard was redone last spring, so the water doesn't come in the basement anymore!  w00t!

Packing for 6 months kinda sucks because it is annoying.  (I also feel like part of the annoyance is that I can't just stand in front of my closet and throw things in my suitcase; instead, I have had everything I am taking in suitcases for about 2 and a half weeks now.)  I feel like I am over packing, but I am pretty sure there is going to be a lot of extra room in my suitcases.  We will see how this pans out.  

As part of this blog, I would like anybody who reads it to offer suggestions about things to write about, comments about things they like/dislike, if they like tuna or salmon better... you  know, feedback in general.  I am horrible at writing, so I would like your help.  

2 comments:

  1. AAAAAAllison. It's time to update. We miss you, and we're only getting little snippets of stories through Pete etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love hearing about your adventures, its very exciting, keep on writing, i don't think i would get use to the dirty part, not my thing! love ya, aunt trac

    ReplyDelete