Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thanks for My Popcorn and Peanut Butter

I had a fantastic experience with customs today. 

I got a letter slipped under my door sometime between 1AM and 4AM saying that I had receved a package from Ankeny, and it was being detained in customs for inspection.  I needed to get a letter saying it was clean and santitary.  I had no idea (and I still have no idea) what that meant (means).  It said there was popcorn in the package, and that was what was causing the problems.  Reading this letter at 4AM after having only slept for 3 hours could only make me laugh. 

So this afternoon I got back from class and sat down to eat lunch.  That is when we got a call that there was a package for me downstairs.  I thought it was the package that Grandma sent me because the one Mom, Doug, Keaton, and Carter sent was detained.  But it was the package from Ankeny!

I have no idea why I got the notice telling me it was detained, and I have no idea why that notice came only 12 hours before I got the package.  But what I do know, is I got a package with some fantastic goodies including popcorn and... PEANUT BUTTER!  So thanks, Chile Customs!  I appreciate you letting my package through!

Peace

Current Tunes: Modest Mouse (I saw those boys live, and it was raining.  And they remind me of Alexa.  Just so you know.)

1 comment: