Saturday, March 12, 2011

My Tan Line is Fading

I really miss Santiago, and I knew I would.  But right now, the thing I miss most is having some level of independence.  A driver comes to take me to work in the morning and he brings me back home at the end of the day.  That part is nice.  I like not having to worry about getting there myself considering public transportation is terrible.  But after I get dropped off in the afternoon, I am not supposed to go out by myself.  It’s not safe.  I understand why I can’t go out by myself, and I don’t.  But that doesn’t mean I am not getting claustrophobic and cabin fever.  We don’t go outside with the kids at the center, and not being able to go out and do anything on my own means my tan lines just keep fading.  I am really hoping the pool gets cleaned soon so I can go swimming in the afternoons when I get back from the center.

As an update: There is going to be a woman staying at the house with me that will be there all day, so when I get back from work, if I want to do something, she will be there to take me out.  Hoorays!

1 comment:

  1. i hear you. really missing my independence here too. i don't go anywhere, not because it's not safe, just coz public transport in australia is shite and i live (with my sister) out in the boondocks without a car. also, weather in sydney is shite too so my tan is all gone. :(
    xx jem

    ReplyDelete