Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Putzy Cat: Update

I thought about starting off my showing you a picture of my foot, but after the reaction I got from showing someone, I thought maybe I should just keep it to myself and let your imaginations soar. 

Clearly, I am not a putzy cat.  And my feet clearly reflect this.  Since originally writing about Putzy Cat, my feet have acquired very large blisters on top of blisters under callouses.  There has been two levels of excitement with these blisters:

First, the popping of the blisters.  The first one just oozed.  It was so disgustingly intriguing.  The second one was a squirter.  I think I let out a bit of a yell when I poked the hole and it started squirting- it was a bit of a suprise.  After yelling, I laughed.  A lot.  A blister squirting liquid across the bathroom is kind of hilarious.  The last one was a bubbler.  I couldn't help but stare and watch.  This whole process was amazing.  Feeling the relief of the blisters being popped was beyond words.  I was having serious issues walking for any length (and putting shoes and socks on) before popping the blisters. 

Since the blisters have dried up and started to callous, I have started to cut off the dead skin, which is kind of awesome, both literally and metaphorically.  It is literally awesome because I don't walk around feeling dead skin re-arranging itself on the bottom of my foot anymore.  It is metaphoraclly awesome because it is like I am peeling away a layer of myself that is gross and ready to go away.  Something rather disgusting and alarming has been left in place of the dead skin, but someday (when I don't have to walk 8+ kilometers everyday) something beautiful will be left in its place (hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment